Ten Reasons To Hire A Personal Injury Attorney In Arizona
| May 25, 2017| 0 comments
When someone is injured in a car accident they should hire an attorney. Injured individuals who hire an attorney to handle their car accident case receive 2-3 times more money than people who do not hire an attorney.
The main reasons for this are as follows:
- Insurance companies take advantage of people who do not have adequate legal representation. Insurance companies have trained employees who strive to resolve claims as quickly and cheaply as possible. Insurance adjusters act like they want to help you and are nice at first, but once they know that you have suffered serious injuries, they change their tune becoming argumentative and aggressive. It is not uncommon for insurance companies to offer a paltry sum amount of money shortly after a claim is reported. For example, if you report you went to the emergency room to get checked out, the insurance company may quickly offer you $500 or $1,000 plus the cost of your medical bills. This is part of their plan and is not in your best interests.
- An experienced injury attorney is familiar with the tactics used by insurance companies to try to minimize the value of your claim. At the same time, an experienced attorney knows what evidence can increase the value of your claim. An experienced attorney will know what to look for. He will know that if certain parts were damaged or replaced, that the speed of the impact is greater than what the pictures show.
- An experienced attorney is familiar with the damages you can claim and the proof required by the insurance companies. Most people know that they can claim medical bills and pain and suffering. However, you may not realize that you can be compensated for many other things, such as: lost earnings, vacation or sick days used, the costs of rental cars or ride services, future medical expenses, future pain and suffering, among other costs you had to incur because you were unable to go about your daily living activities.
- An experienced injury attorney is familiar with the different types of insurance available and how they work together. A skilled attorney will be able to find all sources of recovery and at the same time, will be able to maximize your recovery because of his understanding of insurance laws and his ability to interpret the insurance policies.
- An experienced attorney knows the value of your injury and what fair compensation would be in your case. Most individuals have little to no experience in valuing injury claims unless they regularly review injury case results or negotiate injury claims. Without an attorney, you will be completely guessing as to whether or not a settlement offer is fair. You could leave thousands, if not more, on the table.
- An experienced attorney can negotiate the amounts you need to repay to health insurance providers or medical providers that treated you. Most people do not realize that their health insurance providers may be entitled to repayment for the amount of insurance benefits they paid once you recover those amounts from an at-fault driver.
- An attorney will be able to preserve valuable evidence. Often times who is at fault in an accident can turn into a he said-she said situation. A competent injury attorney will have a network of investigators who can obtain valuable evidence early on in a case that may be critical to establishing who is at fault.
- Insurance companies know that if you hire an attorney their exposure to risk increases. In other words, without an attorney, the insurance companies have no fear of the result. They control everything. They control the amount offered, when it is offered and whether it is increased. You are powerless to dictate anything. Once you have an attorney representing you, the insurance companies are at risk because you can take your case to court and ask the court or jury to award you a fair amount.
- An experienced attorney can help you eliminate mistakes in presenting your claim. A single mistake made could affect the outcome of your claim and the ability for you to obtain a fair settlement.
- An attorney can introduce experts who can maximize the value of your claim or case. Often times, the right experts can make your case more valuable. For example, a specialist may be able to diagnose a certain medical condition that your regular family doctor may have missed. Perhaps a neurologist is better suited than your family doctor to appreciate the complications that may result from a serious concussion.
Hiring an attorney to handle your case allows you to focus on more important things, such as getting better and getting back to work sooner. It is the need of hour for the law students and lawyers to must have LSAT Registration to get their desired knowledge. It is simply not efficient or realistic for you to try to learn all that is needed to maximize the value of your injury claim. An experienced injury attorney has obtained this knowledge over the course of several years.
In order to obtain damages in a personal injury case in Arizona, it is imperative that the services of a competent, qualified and experienced Phoenix Personal Injury Lawyer be utilized to obtain the most favorable resolution possible to your accident injury claim. The skills and expertise of an attorney have a profound impact on the outcome of any personal injury case.