The Huntington Beach personal injury attorneys at the Law Offices of Timothy J. Ryan & Associates have established a lengthy and successful track record of helping injured victims and their families seek justice and obtain compensation for their losses. With over 35 years of experience in personal injury law, we represent the rights of victims in Huntington Beach and elsewhere. Our clients include victims who have been injured in auto accidents, dog attacks, slip-and-fall injury accident and/or trip-and-fall accidents, and as a result of medical negligence, etc. We provide compassionate and knowledgeable legal representation to those who have lost loved ones as a result of negligence and wrongdoing as well. Contact us at 714-898-4444 for a free consultation and comprehensive case evaluation.
Huntington Beach, Surf City U.S.A., is an exciting coastal community in Orange County, California – one that is renowned for its beautiful beaches, hotels, restaurants, bars, Main Street and other shopping areas. It is also home to the International Surfing Museum and draws tourists throughout the year for popular events such as the U.S. Open of Surfing.
However, with the amount of bike and foot traffic present in this beach city as well as the vehicular traffic that is generated largely due to the fact that the city is a popular tourist destination with numerous venues and events, we tend to see a number of auto accidents and other traumatic incidents that result in serious injuries or even fatalities.
If you have been injured, whether as a result of a car accident, slip-and-fall accident, dog attack, workplace accident or due to medical negligence, etc., there are a number of steps you can take to ensure that your legal rights and options are protected. Here are a few steps to take right away if you have been injured:
• File a report and get a copy for your records. For example, if you have been injured in a Huntington Beach car accident, file a police report and ensure that your name is recorded on the report. If you sustained injuries after slipping and falling at a restaurant or a shopping center, file an incident report with the property owner and/or property manager. This helps establish that the incident did occur and documents the date and time of the incident.
• Get prompt medical attention, treatment and care for your injuries. This helps establish the types of injuries you suffered and the treatment and care you received afterward.
• Collect as much evidence as you can from the scene of the incident. After an auto accident, a slip-and-fall accident or a dog attack, etc., take photographs of the accident scene, your injuries and retain any evidence such as torn or stained clothing etc.
• Get contact information for other parties who may be involved in the incident and for eyewitnesses who saw what happened and can corroborate your account of the incident.
• Preserve all evidence that could help bolster your claim. For example, if you are involved in a bicycle accident, preserve the bike so an expert can examine it for all possible evidence. Click here for additional details.
• Keep track of all your expenses including emergency treatment and care, hospitalization costs, rehabilitation such as physical therapy, etc. as well as the number of workdays you may have missed as you are recovering from your injuries.
• Immediately contact an experienced Huntington Beach personal injury attorney who will remain on your side, fight for your rights and help you secure just compensation for your injuries, damages and losses.
Further, if contacted by the other party’s insurance representative, please do not rush into a settlement agreement without first consulting your attorney. For car accidents read our auto accident page here. When you sign an agreement, it essentially closes your case. This means that you may not be able to receive fair and full compensation for your losses.
If you have been injured in an accident in Huntington Beach, you may be wondering how to seek compensation for your losses and how much you may be able to receive for your injuries and losses. The value or worth of your personal injury claim will often depend on the nature and extent of your injuries and damages and the degree of liability (negligence and/or wrongdoing) of the other party(s). For example, if you only suffered property loss and minor injuries that didn’t require medical treatment, you may be able to settle your claim with relative ease.
However, if you have suffered injuries that required a trip to the emergency room or hospitalization, surgery or rehabilitation, your claim will be worth much more. The claims that are significant in value are those where victims have suffered catastrophic injuries such as traumatic brain injuries, spinal cord damage or amputations. Injured victims can seek compensation for damages including, but not limited to:
• Medical expenses: This includes all costs associated with the treatment of the victim’s injuries including emergency room costs, hospitalization, surgery, physical therapy, cost of medical equipment, medication, etc.
• Lost income: This refers to reimbursement for wages lost as a result of missing workdays when you are recovering from your accident-related injuries.
• Loss of livelihood: If you have suffered catastrophic injuries, you can seek compensation for losing your ability to earn a livelihood and being able to support your family.
• Permanent injuries: This accounts for any lifelong disabilities or injuries the victim may have sustained as a result of the accident.
• Pain and suffering: This refers to the physical pain and the mental anguish the patient may have suffered due to the injuries.
If you are looking for an attorney to represent you with integrity and fight tenaciously for your rights, it would be in your best interest to choose Huntington Beach personal injury lawyer Timothy J. Ryan. Our law firm focuses on personal injury cases and offers initial consultations at no cost to you. We work on a contingency fee basis, which means you will not pay any fees or costs unless we get an award or settlement for you.
Mr. Ryan is not only a passionate advocate for the rights of injured victims and their families, but he is also a local resident who believes in giving back to the community. He serves as chairman on the Board of Trustees at Huntington Beach Hospital, contributes to charities that help wounded veterans and has served on the city’s Planning Commission. Mr. Ryan has been instrumental in helping obtain significant personal injury verdicts and settlements on behalf of seriously or catastrophically injured victims. For more information about pursuing your legal rights, please call us at 714-898-4444.
Timothy J. Ryan & Associates Personal Injury Lawyers
8072 Warner Avenue
Huntington Beach, California 92647
Our Huntington Beach personal injury lawyers have been assisting victims of serious injuries for more than 35 years. Decades of knowledge, experience and best client care are just a few of the many reasons why a number of clients prefer Timothy J. Ryan & Associates. Our Orange County law office has helped victims and their families obtain more than $1 billion in compensation for the damages they were forced to endure.
Do I Need An Attorney After An Accident?
Are you prepared to live with your injuries? What if your injuries do not heal? What if you have permanent damage? That little ache in your back or the pain in your leg could be a lifetime injury, one that you have to prepare to treat for your entire life.
These situations are very common. If you do not take the necessary steps you could easily lose out on your ability to obtain compensation or put yourself in a position to receive far less compensation than you would otherwise.
A Winning Team in Your Corner
Our mission at Timothy J. Ryan & Associates is to aggressively protect the rights of personal injury victims. Our firm works exclusively with those injured from car accidents, dog bites, vehicle rollovers, product liability, catastrophic injury, brain injury, premises liability, wrongful death as well as other types of injuries.
I was Injured. What do I do Next?
Injury victims who have been wronged due to the negligence of others need advocates that know how to obtain the maximum compensation possible. Our team has helped many injured victims get fair compensation after their accident. Some of the top injuries our law offices have worked with include:
At Timothy J. Ryan & Associates, you can ensure your case will be handled by an experienced, proven veteran of personal injury law while we provide you with the service that has been trusted by Huntington Beach locals, as well as Orange County and California victims for decades.
At Timothy J Ryan Associates., we are backed by winning results. Not only have we handled thousands of personal injury lawsuits, but more than 99% of them have been settled successfully—resulting in tens of millions of dollars in compensation for our clients.
$647,500.00 Truck v. Auto Head Injuries
$4,200,000 Wrongful Death
$4,500,000 Auto Crash